Stop, Simply Stop: Random Thoughts by Me.

Sometimes, we have to simply stop chasing behind; longing for; feigning after; craving for someone, who is not right for us. Yeah, I know it's hard to do, but it is necessary to move forward and move on. I caught myself, the other day, thinking about one or two people I used to talk to. One was platonic and the other wasn't. The non-platonic one is tied for # 1 of greatest sex partners of all time. I  have some contact information for both of them still.

The platonic friend, was a good friend of mine. We were close. He knew my secrets and I knew his. We had talked about dating before.

The friendship fizzled after I got pregnant with my youngest. He was very judgmental because of my past sexual history (which he knew about). I had to delete his number because I got tired of calling and texting, with no answer. I got tired of sending him messages on Facebook with no answer. Sometimes, I guess, it takes me a while to get the hint. He was no longer interested in being my friend.

He was one of those guys, who did not believe in casual sex, but slipped up every now and then. Even got someone pregnant in the last two years. I felt hurt. He judged me about my past and getting pregnant, yet he did the same thing, (but not as much sex).

The non-platonic friend helped me enjoy sex. I met him in 2005 on BlackPlanet.  I did not know sex could be that amazing until I met him. I got addicted to the penis. He was a good dude, but my judgment was clouded. I even wanted to date him to keep the penis. Even though we haven't talked in years, I was still calling, texting, and hitting up online, once again with no responses.

I have to learn to stop it. When someone shows a lack of interest, I need to learn to let them go. Delete their numbers and social media to prevent contact. If they have an interest in me, they will contact me and vice versa, on a regular basis. No matter how good the penis was. No matter how good the friendship was. It comes a time to simply let them go. They may not be in my life for life, but for a season.

Simply stop chasing after someone, who has a lack of interest in you.
Simply stop wanting to date someone, just for the penis
Simply stop contacting someone, who will not return your calls, texts, or instant messages.
Simply stop, reassess, and move on.

Stacie D. Wyatt

Comments

Popular Posts