Just Because You Can Doesn't Mean You Should

Yesterday,  my youngest was trying to plug my back massager up. I know the child needs to learn how to be independent, but he also has a pacemaker and a heart monitor. I don't want him plugging the wrong thing, the wrong one, one day and hurts his heart. Just because Kalen can plug and unplug up electronics, does not mean he should do so.

Kalen is very observant. He may not show what he knows at first, but eventually you find out. Kalen started out trying to charge my phone (he has broken many chargers and charging ports). Now he wants to plug up everything, but he is 5 and everything is not for him.

So, the title came to mind: Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Just because I can be sexually active and promisciuous, does not mean I should. The dangers out there are bigger than unplanned pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases, there  are also spiritual and mental ramifications.

There is more to this than being rejected for not giving in to your or someone else's desires. There is more to this than sending or recieving unwanted (maybe wanted) explicit pics. There is more to this than someone wasting your time, telling you they want to be friends or even a relationship, just to have sex.

I got to admit my soul is completely torn since I had sex. I am struggling with how to feel mentally. I haven't heard from this man in weeks, except one text asking for sexual favors, which I deleted once I saw it. I stated my intentions up front. I want a relationship. I want marriage. I want help with the kids. I explained why I chose celibacy and yet fell down hard. Losing celibacy is right up there with my former miscarriages on a mental and spiritual level.

I just do not feel the same way about sex anymore. I want to be more than a sex object. I want to be more than a conquest. More than a girl (shoot channeling Lyfe).

Just because I can doesn't mean I should

Stacie Wyatt


Comments

Popular Posts