Settling for less

My nephew had a favorite blanket, when he came over here to visit. The blanket was coming apart. The cotton was separating from the cloth, which may cause a massive choking hazard, but he didn't see that. A pool full of cotton. Eugene claims he loves the blanket, but refused to throw it out. I even offered to buy him a new blanket, but he refused. I threw the blanket out during the last heavy trash day.

I think the same concept can apply to relationships, whether starting out or fully established. Sometimes we settle for a favorite person, even though they are a major life hazard. The relationship needs to be thrown out with the garbage, but you, we, I refuse to do so. Sometimes we settle for less, knowing the relationship isn't working anymore.

(S)he lies, cheats, refuses to change for the better. Maybe yall are incompatible on a few issues and no one is willing to compromise or leave.

I think Kenny Pugh had mentioned in a previous Celibacy is Sexy Call about how people can't find the right one for them, while being tied to the wrong one.

Ok I found my notes: he said people stay in unhealthy relationships, while praying for the right person. He was talking about cheating with a married person, but I think it can apply here too.

I think as I got older, I notice the little details on dating websites, such as if he wants kids or if he is in a relationship. I also notice little things, people say, which makes me think: NO, I can't date you.

It could be the man, who wants more kids biologically. Or the man, who gets mad because you didn't answer his texts right away and then sends angry messages on social media (may be a control issue). It may be the man, who thinks foreplay is ok, while you are not having sex. Stirring the fire, while messing up your soul.

The man, who wants marriage, but doesn't know your last name. The woman, who only comes around,  on pay day. The man, who brags about how a woman is a man's property. Here's a good one: from 2006 or 2007, the man, who told me I should be obligated to date him simply because he accepted me for having herpes.

If I settled for less, I could be:

Living in Florida with a man, who wanted to date me because I had boys.
OR
Dating the dude, who thinks foreplay is ok during celibacy.
OR
Dating the dude, who gets angry when you don't respond to his 100 messages right away

Refuse to settle for less. Wait for the right person, God has for you.

Comments

Popular Posts