The Day One Gene



I discussed previously, how I lied  to the first person I met online, the first sexual partner, the first kiss, based on advice, I got from someone, who did not have any good intentions behind the advice. Advice, I still regret 18 years later. The funny part was the person, who gave the bad advice, has a mimimal presence in my life, while my first, has a major presence. I was counting facebook messages, me and him, have had over the years. Over 16k from a person, I never thought would be in my life again. ( I am looking for the first message on Facebook, but the scroll button gets tired :-))

I searched for him countless times since Google was invented, but even someone with an uncommon name, can not be found so easily. God was in the works because it took a Facebook friend to send money through paypal for a book to figure out one of my good friends, was the day one. 

I started thinking about how many times, have I treated someone unkind, who still had a major presence in my life. Maybe you made a mistake. Maybe you said the wrong words. Maybe you secretly despised them, never knowing one day, they will be a close friend or help you collaborate on a major project. 

What if Day 1 never spoke to me again? What if God didn't lead him back into my life? What if God has something collossal planned--not necessarily a relationship or marriage, but something big, which requires both of you to work together to achieve something great. 

I still, at times, stare at the old email, which lead me to complete shock and awe. This was two years ago and it is amazing how life works. The person, who you never expect to see or hear from again, makes a surprising entrance in your life. It's the power of a moment. (I heard this song while writing this post. Seems to fit perfectly)


Comments

Popular Posts