Stop it.


The other day, I was waiting at the bus stop to head to a clinic to pick up Kalen's seizure medications. He had two seizures last week (Sunday before President's Day). He takes Diastat for emergencies and it needed a refill.

Since it takes a while to get to and from the clinic (1 hr each way), I left the house early to be back in time to get the kids off the bus.

I walk across the street to head northbound to the clinic. I am wearing regular clothes, nothing revealing or exposed (not that this is an excuse). I'm a big girl. I can't hide my assets, even if I tried. They will be visibly seen through clothing.

So, Im sitting at the bus stop, waiting for the bus to arrive, when a man (maybe in his 40s) on a bike (regular bike, not a motorcycle), stops at the bus stop. Great, I thought. I hope he is just waiting to catch the bus. Nope, the first thing out his mouth was a comment on my boobs. He also asked for head (oral sex). He didnt want regular sex, but just a little head, if I followed him down some street. Told him no. He even said, we are going in the same direction. How? I am going northbound and you were going southbound. I was happy when the bus arrived seconds later.

Fast forward a few days later, once again, I need to go northbound, probably to the clinic again. I barely go anywhere. I usually take the bus to and from the clinic to pick up meds. Sometimes I make a trip to Aldi or Wal-mart. I did not want to run into a man on a bike so I bundled up. I wore my hoodie. Once again, the bus is coming and an old man (older than 60) rides by on a bike. Joy. This time, I was standing up, going through my phone. The first thing out of his mouth was I had a lot back there. Yay. He also said he couldn't help but comment. Yay. The bus arrived and I went to run my errands.

I was ready to walk up or down to the bus stop before/after this one to avoid men on bikes in the future. Luckily, my son went to the clinic for some allergy meds (he broke out from I think eating doped applesauce. I had Kalen's daily seizure meds mixed in. The meds are bitter and I was told to hide it in food). I figured Brad will be a good deterent. He is 5'9 and a quarter and 145 lbs. No one bothered me then.

I done had similar situations before, such as rude comments or even worse, grabbing body parts in mid (non sexual ) convo. This behavior is annoying, harassing, and rude. STOP IT. Even if you like what you see, keep it moving and keep your mouth shut.

Comments

Popular Posts