The Boy and His Uncharged Phone


The Boy and His Uncharged Phone



My oldest son has a phone. I got him, another one, because I wanted him off mine. My kids broke 4 phones, since August. As a special needs parent and blogger, I need my phone. It also takes money to keep buying phones, which I do not have much of. I shouldn’t have to take money away from other bills; borrow from savings; or use limited credit to buy another phone within a month of the last one.
Brad likes his phone. He watches videos and listens to music. He calls his dad and other relatives.  

The phone keeps him calm, when it is charged. His problem is, he doesn’t want to keep it charged and he goes postal when it is dead. He hits walls. He kicks doors. He knocks the popcorn off the ceiling. I get hit, kicked, pushed, spit on. The Autism rears its ugly head.

He knows how to charge his phone. He found a wall outlet and a cord, set up his own charging station by the tv. His issue is, he doesn’t keep it plugged in long enough and the phone dies within seconds. 

He goes around the house, from the living room tv outlet to the kitchen outlet to my two charging stations in the bedroom to the living room outlet, in the back corner.

He changes out cords, thinking it will help. He changes out wall boxes. He also throws the cords and wall boxes in the back corner, when the phone doesn’t charge fast enough.

The boy knows how to charge his phone. He has the tools to charge his phone. He is just not willing to wait. He could be experiencing longer hours of Barney and Sesame Street, if he just learns to wait.

How many times, have we missed out on opportunities because we was not willing to wait? We have the know how and we have the tools, but our impatience gets the best of us. We lose out. We may give up on celibacy. We may quit our job too soon. We may miss out on a good relationship because we settled for something bad.

We need to learn to wait. We need to not go postal when waiting gets too hard.

That’s all  I got. Stay celibate, abstinent, virginal 😊
Stacie

Comments

Popular Posts