The enemy hangs out in the pleasure center. the pleasure center also stores the bait and sharpens the hooks. this does not mean the pleasure center is evil. just means the enemy will take the good and turn it into evil, if given the opportunity. (p. 80 to 81)
- just because you have an addiction, does not mean you are not a Christian.
- sex addiction, like any other addiction can become unmanageable and out of control.
- sex also can be used as an escape from pain.
- addictions can have root in abandonment issues.
- you need an accountability partner. can not fully recover in isolation
- make friends with others going through the same thing.
- you may need personal counseling to work on problems, which may lead to the addictive behavior or problems, which followed the addiction.
- choose to be courageous
- know it can not be done without God.