A piece of my love

I was in my mama's car today, heading home from the store, when I heard an old familiar song by Guy: You can have a piece of my love. Waiting for you. Girl, i do love you. 




A piece. A lousy piece. Not a whole man. He doesn't want to give you all of him, but just a rationed out piece. One for you, and her and her and her and her and her too. Not to mention, he loves you, even if you are receiving a piece.  How do you measure a piece? a sliver? a fraction of something you can't see, the intangible. Of course, I'm older now, and I assume for this blog: the piece is the penis. Since he is not giving you a whole, maybe he does not want commitment or a relationship. Maybe, he is afraid of rejection, if he gave you all of him. I am the same way. I don't want to get rejected or hurt, but it is a part of life. Most people get pieces of me.

Even in relationships: dating and marriage, people settle for pieces. Maybe it is because they don't want to be alone. Maybe they don't want to be rejected again. Maybe they assume that is the best there is.

Let's break down some of the lyrics:

Baby you can't have all of me because I'm not totally free. I can't tell you everything that is going on. (he is being honest, upfront, and you are knowing what you are getting into. He is admitting his weaknesses. Will you still accept him, despite his flaws? How many times have I been upfront and honest with a man, and he accepts me, knowing my limitations? I'm not talking about herpes, that's not a limitation, that's an outbreak every now and then.) I am celibate. I have special needs kids. I had more one night stands than relationships. I am not good with dating because I have limited experience. I am an introvert, who rather keep her thoughts to her self. This will go no further than the bedroom. I will sex you and delete you immediately afterwards, even if we are still in bed together.

There's a few things in my past that should not be explained. I am asking you baby, be with me for a little while.  He is not willing to communicate with you about his past--well not some stuff, but he still wants to be with you--maybe temporarily, maybe permanent. either way, time to decide.

I did make a video of me singing this song. I sing horrible. here is a good laugh. Notice,  this is not on youtube lol. don't need those comments.

But Anyway, Are you Settling for a piece? Are you willing to wait for someone whole?






Comments

Popular Posts