Guilt

I thought of this topic, while sitting in the tub. This is a bit personal though. It's about the Big M. I used to be a serious addict to the Big M (Masturbation). Some days, multiple times per day. I loved a good Orgasm, but then I started feeling guilty every time I indulged. I did not understand why I felt guilt for indulging in something, which provided a stress release and so much pleasure. I know from reading, masturbation can hinder future relationships and can be a distraction.

So, here are some highlights from some books on this topic:



  • Jennifer LeClaire: The Spiritual Warrior's Guide to Defeating Jezebel: "Some teachings suggest masturbation is acceptable for Single Christians because we can satisfy our urges without having sex...Once you start down the road to sexual arousal--either alone or with another--you can welcome spirits of lust and addiction, which can lead you down a darker path, full of stumbling blocks (p. 40). "
  • LeClaire (p. 104). "Idolatry may be more subtle, but there is no mistaking sexual immorality. Sexual immorality is a serious sin. The more serious the sin, the greater the feelings of guilt and condemnation that follow in a sincere believer's heart. And therein lies the trap: Believers struggling with guilt and condemnation--whether their sin is past or ongoing--do not feel qualified to move in the spirit, and so forfeit their effectiveness in the kingdom. In these cases the prophetic voice is shut down. Some believers manage to overcome these feeling of condemnation without overcoming the sin. In these cases, the prophetic voice is perverted. In other words, those who wallow in sin become ineffective oracles, and those who ignore the conviction become perverted voices"
  • Dannah Gresh: What are you waiting for? The One thing no one ever tells you about sex (p. 75). If you can not fall asleep at night without the ritual of masturbation, or if you find yourself planning your life, so you can be alone to masturbate, it has become an addictive behavior--and that means it's sin. 
  • Gresh. p. 76 Discomfort with masturbation is an inbuilt check and balance to protect the purpose of the marriage bed. 


LeClaire's Book was provided via Bethany House for review. I paid for What are you Waiting for, via Amazon.

So maybe the guilt, I was feeling was God convicting me to follow the straight and narrow path, instead of the wide and deadly path. I was in deep with my sex addiction. Anyway, Have a good Morning

Stacie

Comments

Popular Posts